Sunday 17 November 2013

A Dashing Good Race!

Perfect conditions today at the Dash and some super quick times.  The course was slightly different to last year but followed the same basic out and back course.  It was a super loaded field at the front end and the times on the day reflect the quality of the field.  Local athlete Matty Hynes took the win in a super quick 29.23.  14 athletes went under 30 minutes and of these  10 set personal bests including Vet 40 winner Andrew Ward of Clowne AC in 29.57.

In the Ladies race Louise Damen took the win with a quality 33.04 (pb).   Ist Vet 40 Lady was Emma Stepto of Cornwall in a pb of 33.23.    Emma ran 2:35.02 at the Amsterdam Marathon which shows what a quality athlete she is.  

My own race went to plan.   I was hoping for a sub 34 and managed to just achieve that with a 34.02 gun time translating into a 33.58 chip time.   First 5km 16:50, Second 5km 17:08.   In comparison to last year I'm two seconds down so don't think Ive hit the downward slide yet.   Half joked today that I would like to do a sub 34 every year until I'm 50!   1st Vet 50 today was Keith Smith of Tyne Bridge Harriers in 34:05.   Think I may have found a nice long term target for myself!


 
Setting off with intent!  Honestly I enjoy this running lark!



The finishing straight.   Clock ticking towards 34 minutes!

That's it now.   End of the season and no more races until Helsby Half Marathon in January.  Time for some rest and recovery and a few easy weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment